Lyrics not copied to separate document

Discuss Coda's Notepad here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

earthjar
Finale Version: Allegro 2007 PC

Post by earthjar » Mon May 21, 2012 3:39 am

Using Allegro 2007
I wrote my main score with various instruments and vocals. Then I wanted to create files for each instrument containing the lyrics. So I extracted parts for my first instrument, then added a staff for my lead vocal, and Mass Edit copied the vocal part into the new staff. The notes are coming over, but not the lyrics. They are in the Edit Lyrics box, but Click Assigning them would be a painful process.

Just 2 days ago, I was able to do this. It seems like I've must have changed a setting somewhere, but I can't find any such setting. Any ideas?

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Mon May 21, 2012 4:34 am

Welcome to the forum!

I don't know Allegro 2007, but in the "full Finale" you can select/de-select what items you want to copy - and e. g. de-select lyrics.

I don't know whether Allegro has an "Items to Copy" dialog box, but it couldn't hurt to look for that option, e. g. in the Mass Edit menu.
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

earthjar
Finale Version: Allegro 2007 PC

Post by earthjar » Mon May 21, 2012 12:35 pm

That was in fact the problem. But I spent multiple hours trying to find out how to get to that dialog, before looking in my Tutorials book, which more or less off-handedly mentions that this dialog comes up when you Ctrl-Shift-Click into your destination measure. Probably not many people using this version any more, but for those who are, this is good to know.