How to change notehead

Discuss Coda's Notepad here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Zujo Suchanek

Post by Zujo Suchanek » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:40 am

I know it's probably a totally easy thing to do, but I simply cannot find how to change noteheads. I read through the docs, did the tutorials and searched in the docs, and on Google and on this site and I cannot find how to change noteheads.

Looking here:

http://akamai.www.berkleemusic.com/asse ... finale.pdf

But, he's using the full version of Finale and I am using Notepad. He says to use the note shape tool. And Notepad has no such tool that I can find.

Looking in the help docs, I see Noteheads under the Maestro Font. I want to use the Non Pitched Notehead for hihat, for instance. It says the hotkey is Alt-0192. But I have no idea how to use these noteheads shown here.

I feel like a fool posting what is probably a totally easy thing to do. But I've now spent hours on this and simply can't find anything that will tell me how to change the noteheads. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:21 pm

You can't do any of that in NotePad. You are restricted to the percussion setup that they provide.

You need to go to the full Finale to do everything that is described: change noteheads, alter percussion maps, etc.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

Zujo Suchanek

Post by Zujo Suchanek » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:31 pm

Ah, okay. Bummer. Thanks for the reply.