HOW TO MAKE CODA WORK WITHOUT USING CODA SYSTEM

Discuss Finale PrintMusic here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

mallen
Finale Version: printmusic 14.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by mallen » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:26 am

I was wondering how to make the coda work without using the coda system and also I would like to know how to get rid of the break when I insert the coda
If i just put in symbols from the repeat menu, during play back it doesn't do it! thanks for your time
Attachments
IMG_0428.gif
IMG_0428.gif (249.97 KiB) Viewed 4180 times

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4

Post by Peter Thomsen » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:24 pm

Since you are using PrintMusic, I suggest that you the feature Create Coda System on a duplicate copy of your document, and study how the Coda playback effect is set up via text repeats.

Then, use what you have found out, to get the playback effect in your original document.
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:30 pm

I couldn't get the coda system to jump at all, regardless of what the manual says. Both the D.C or the D.S. jumped back correctly, but kept repeating, without ever going to the CODA system.

EDIT: I found that it doesn't work in my default doc, but it DOES work if I used one of Finale's supplied templates!

AFAICT, you can't edit the playback assignments.

You can't eliminate the space between the CODA systems from the CODA setup menu. You would have to play with the systems themselves, moving the CODA system down. You might do best by having two scores: one with the CODA text where you want it, and another, fully written out, for playback.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

mallen
Finale Version: printmusic 14.5

Post by mallen » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:59 am

miker wrote:I couldn't get the coda system to jump at all, regardless of what the manual says. Both the D.C or the D.S. jumped back correctly, but kept repeating, without ever going to the CODA system.

EDIT: I found that it doesn't work in my default doc, but it DOES work if I used one of Finale's supplied templates!

AFAICT, you can't edit the playback assignments.

You can't eliminate the space between the CODA systems from the CODA setup menu. You would have to play with the systems themselves, moving the CODA system down. You might do best by having two scores: one with the CODA text where you want it, and another, fully written out, for playback.
Which template should I use and where do I get it with PRINT MUSIC?

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:52 pm

I used the SATB with Piano, from the Templates folder. File>New>Document from Template... or, choose Templates from the splash screen. It also worked when I used the Setup Wizard.

How did you set up your document? I'll try it, and see if it works for me.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society