Default.har cannot be found?

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

bbvmusic

Post by bbvmusic » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:46 pm

Hi, I'm just getting acquainted with PrintMusic and have been using the Band in a Box plug-in with it to generate harmony for twin fiddles. Today when I tried to use the B. in a B. feature it told me it could not locate default.har file and therefore could generate no harmonies. Nothing has changed in my setup. Can anyone help?

Also, I wonder why the playback console is so tiny and just barely shows activation when you pass over it with a mouse. It's hard to hit the controls exactly, and there is very little feedback as to whether you've hit the proper control. Is this being considered for possible improvement?

Thanks,
Cathy

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:48 am

#1. Have you tried restarting the computer?
#2. What size monitor are you using? I have no problem on a 19"LCD.

bbvmusic

Post by bbvmusic » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:09 am

miker wrote:#1. Have you tried restarting the computer?
#2. What size monitor are you using? I have no problem on a 19"LCD.
Ahhh...I'm feeling a little humbled now. Sure enough, restarting the computer did the trick! Guess that's sort of like checking to see if you plugged the thing in. Anyway, thanks! I was enjoying that little feature.

I'm using an older laptop, so I guess that doesn't help with the playback console, but I use a lot of other programs and don't have problems with buttons that are difficult to hit. I do wish the controls were larger and brighter on the hover/down positions. Maybe there are keyboard shortcuts to use to start, stop and go back to the beginning with playback? I've looked for something like that in the manual, but so far haven't found anything. No doubt I have a lot to learn about the program.

Thanks again,
Cathy