Cue notes

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

eastercoaster
Finale Version: PC Fin Songwr 2010
Operating System: Mac

Post by eastercoaster » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:18 am

Is there an easy way to create cue notes in the 2010 version of Finale Songwriter? Specifically, I'm trying to write a duet with 2 voices, and I'd like the harmony notes to have smaller size noteheads. I get the impression that later versions of the software provide an easier way to do it, but I can't find a good way to do it in the 2010 version. The user manual implied I could use the Resize Tool, but I can't find a way to resize just a single notehead, as opposed to resizing the entire staff or document. If there's not a good way to do cue notes, is there another easy way I could make one line of notes look smaller/different from the other (I read I could create a new layer, but it seems more tedious to enter in the 2nd voice's rhythms. Since the 2nd voice has all the same rhythms as the 1st voice, just different notes, I'd love to simply attach these notes to the 1st voice's notes.)
PC Finale Songwriter 2010 Windows

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4

Post by miker » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:05 am

Melody,
You can't resize notes in SW. You could add another staff, and resize that, but it would appear everywhere. The only other workaround would be to use another reduced size doc, then cut a section out and paste it back into your original as a graphic.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

eastercoaster
Finale Version: PC Fin Songwr 2010

Post by eastercoaster » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Okay, thank you for letting me know!
PC Finale Songwriter 2010 Windows