Lost Expression Symbol (f)

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

jimjennings

Post by jimjennings » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:43 pm

Hello again: This is the most responsive and helpful internet forum I've ever encountered. I have a new challenge for the kind people who have helped me so much, thus far. In error, I've deleted the f (forte) expression in the Expression Tool of my Finale-2003. This occurred because of the following. I had selected the f for one measure of my piano arrangement, changed my mind and attempted to delete it. I clicked on the measure and the Expression Tool popped up with a "delete" switch on it so I used it, never intending to delete the option of ever using f again. Now it is missing from #4 of the list of dynamics. How can I get it back? Thanks again for your wonderful help.
Jim Jennings

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:34 pm

File menu > Load Library...

Finale will display a directory dialog box with the contents of a folder called Libraries.

Choose the file Maestro Font > Text Expressions

Now the entire library will be available in the very bottom of the dialog box Expression Selection.
The library begins with the ffff expression.
So scroll down to through the dialog box until you come to the ffff.
Delete everything down here except the f expression.

You can move the f expression up through the dialog box to the location where you used to find it.
Just select the f, and click the button "Move Up" repeatedly.

Peter
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

jimjennings

Post by jimjennings » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:16 pm

It worked perfectly. I have my "Forte" completely restored. If only the artistic issues I have with this arrangement were as easy as asking you what I should do... Thank you so very much, once again! You've really helped me! Have a great day!
Jim Jennings