Hyperscribe not working even though MIDI interface functions

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

eastercoaster
Finale Version: PC Fin Songwr 2010
Operating System: Mac

Post by eastercoaster » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:14 pm

I'm unable to use Hyperscribe to record from my keyboard, and I'm beginning to wonder it's a problem with Finale, as opposed to the MIDI interface I'm using. I recently purchased a Roland UM-ONE mk2 USB Midi interface, and it appears to be working. Its USB indicator light is on, indicating that the computer has detected it, and it has a "Midi In" indicator light that flashes whenever I play a note on my keyboard. Moreover, when I play my keyboard, I can actually hear the keyboard playing through my laptop speakers so the sound is being received by my laptop. Within Finale Songwriter, I've gone into Device Setup and selected "UM-ONE" for MIDI in. However, when I select Hyperscribe and click a measure, I hear the beats start, and I wait for the 2 measure countdown to start playing, yet when I play my keyboard nothing transcribes on the staffs.

As background, I previously had purchased a Yamaha cable, and had gotten it to work successfully. In that case, however, it only worked 50% of the time - I often had to plug the cable into different ports or reinstall the driver, which made me think the cable was faulty. So I returned that cable, purchased the highly-rated Roland UM-One cable, and now I can't get Hyperscribe to work at all! Given that the UM-One cable lights seem to be working, and I can hear the keyboard in my laptop's speakers, I'm beginning to wonder if the problem is with Finale, rather than the cables.

I hope you might have some perspective on this issue? Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

Finale Songwriter 2010; laptop running Windows 7 64-bit (the Roland UM-One mk2 package says this operating system is supported); Kawai ES100 keyboard
PC Finale Songwriter 2010 Windows

eastercoaster
Finale Version: PC Fin Songwr 2010
Operating System: Mac

Post by eastercoaster » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Never mind, suddenly it started working! What's strange is that I didn't change much. I simply doublechecked all the computer settings again. So hopefully this new MIDI interface will continue to work (and not be like my yamaha interface which only worked 50% of the time), otherwise I may tap your knowledge again. Thanks again for running this wonderful forum!
PC Finale Songwriter 2010 Windows