Finale 2014 Demo

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

EIS
Finale Version: Finale 2014.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by EIS » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:03 pm

I downloaded the Finale 2014 demo version and cannot find the tutorial .musx files that are used with the tutorials. For example, tutorial 5, 'Adding Lyrics' gives these directions to find the tutorial 5.musx file:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Choose File > Open and double-click the "Tutorials" shortcut.
If you have navigated away from the default "Finale Files" folder, a different folder may appear when you choose File > Open. If this is the case, access the Tutorial documents by navigating to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Finale 2014\Music Files\Tutorials folder.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is no C:\Program Files (x86)\Finale 2014\Music Files\Tutorials folder nor a 'Tutorials shortcut'.

I have still been using the tutorials using my own .musx files, but it would be much easier if I had the correct tutorial files.

Are the tutorial files available for a separate download?

Thank you...
Earl Staley
Finale 2014.5, Windows 10 and El Capitan

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:17 pm

Welcome to the forum.

As far as I know, the Tutorials are included in the demo version. I'm on a Mac, so I can't give you specific instructions where to look on windows, beyond where they told you to look. Have you tried doing a search for the files?

Failing that, you might need to contact tech support.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

EIS
Finale Version: Finale 2014.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by EIS » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:24 pm

Thank you for the reply. I searched the entire C:\ drive for "tutorial" and ".musx" and the file mentioned in the tutorial was not there so I think Finale forgot to include them in the demo version.

Earl
Finale 2014.5, Windows 10 and El Capitan