Can't Erase Rests

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

EIS
Finale Version: Finale 2014.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by EIS » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:26 am

I have one measure that I can't erase the rests in (measure 4 in attached document). I have tried the eraser tool and also I have selected the measure and used Edit>Clear all items. When using the Edit>Clear all items, the notes disappear but the rests remain.

I am using Finale 2014 with Windows 7.

Additional, why do I keep getting the forum message, "Please update your user profile to include your Finale version and Operating System."?

My user profile shows I am using Finale 2014 with Windows.

Thank you for your help...
Earl
Attachments
Minuet pg 44.zip
(89.13 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Finale 2014.5, Windows 10 and El Capitan

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:06 am

I have no idea why you weren't able to delete them. I double-clicked on the last one to select it, and hit the DELETE key. The rest went away, and the selection moved to the previous rest. DELETE, DELETE. All rests gone.

The rests were attached to the previous measure, with the triplets. I suspect they appeared because of the way you created those triplets.

That notification is on the page, so we all see it. It's not linked to your particular login. So, thanks for updating, and just ignore it.
Attachments
Minuet corrected.musx.zip
(88.22 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

EIS
Finale Version: Finale 2014.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by EIS » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:02 pm

Mike,

Thank you for your help. The 'Delete' key worked for me too. The 'Eraser' and 'Edit>Clear all items' did not work, but, as you stated, the rests were attached to the previous measure and I was working in the measure that the rests appeared in.

Still learning...

Earl
Finale 2014.5, Windows 10 and El Capitan