Countoff Click Volume

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

EIS
Finale Version: Finale 2014.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by EIS » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:47 pm

I have the MIDI/Audio>'Click and Countoff' set to count off 2 measures 'While Playing' so I have time to get to my piano and get my fingers set before playback begins. The 'Metronome Sound' is set to 'Finale Click'.

The count off clicks are obnoxiously loud and I don't know how to lower the volume of the clicks. (I suspect people in neighboring states are wondering what the clicking sound is whenever I select playback.)

I have tried reducing the 'Velocity' for both 'Down Beats' and 'Other Beats', but the settings don't have any affect on the volume of the count off beats.

How can I lower the volume of the count off beats?

Thank You...
Earl Staley
Finale 2014.5, Windows 10 and El Capitan

EIS
Finale Version: Finale 2014.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by EIS » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:26 pm

I can adjust the volume if I choose 'MIDI Note' or 'MIDI Data' but I can't adjust the volume if I choose 'Finale Click'. The dialog box has entries for 'Down Beats' and 'Other Beats', but the settings don't have any affect on the volume of the count off beats.

Earl
Finale 2014.5, Windows 10 and El Capitan

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:00 pm

I think there is a problem in Finale 2014 (2014d for Mac in my setup), which didn't exist in 2012.
Velocity values don't change if one changes them in Finale Click -> down beat and other beats. Always the same volume in the countoff as well as in the following measures, if you keep the click running as a metronome.
If this is confirmed, I'm afraid you will have to use some alternatives :
• Midi Note (or Midi Data)
• create a percussion staff, enter quarter notes and adjust the volume in the mixer.
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

Woogles
Finale Version: Finale 2014
Operating System: Mac

Post by Woogles » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:45 pm

Hi There,

I just upgraded after a long hiatus with Finale to find the same issue with the click and countoff. The version I had previously could be adjusted. Specifically, the Finale Click is loud and can't be made any softer. I'm running version 25.00.7722. Given how long this has been an issue, I'm flabbergasted it hasn't been fixed.

Please put this on your "to do" list, guys. Should be a few lines of code to get this done. :\