Possible to create slur/hairpin by using keyboard mostly?

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

twistiejoe

Post by twistiejoe » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:29 am

Just been through the tutorial on this, but it only shows how to do this with the mouse. Is it possible to create a slur or hairpin using the keyboard? Sibelius has a great way by simply pressing S and then holding space or re-tapping it to make the slur go to the next note on and on. It would take me FOREVER to make hairpins and slurs in Finale if the only way is to use the mouse (particularly with all the double-clicking). And I already suffer from RSI in my finger from using computers so much ... is there a way to do this using the keyboard?

THANKS!
Finale 2014 and Mountain Lion

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:57 pm

Not as far as I know, but it's a great idea! I seem to recall some discussion on this in years past. Maybe it's time to submit it as a feature request (again?)
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

twistiejoe

Post by twistiejoe » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:45 pm

Really?
I can't believe this!
So many professionals use Finale, but it seems like such a TEDIOUS program to use! I don't understand how they can spend time as professional orchestrators, for example, and not end up with RSI. Crazy.
I'm working on a workflow now where I input in Sibelius - which is SO much faster in my opinion - and then format etc in Finale because some people seem so stuck on Finale as being the best program ever. Not sure why! :S
I will continue getting into it tho.
Finale 2014 and Mountain Lion