Using GPO 5 in the Finale 2014.5 demo

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

keÿper64
Finale Version: 2014.5 demo
Operating System: Windows

Post by keÿper64 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:17 pm

Hello I'm a Sibelius user and I want to try out Finale. Obviously I'm used to the way that Sibelius works as regards sound sets etc but Finale (or at least the demo) doesn't seem to want to play. I have told it to play through VST and I have copied the Aria files over to the plug in folder as I would in Sibelius but the only thing that shows up in the score manager or the vst list is the built in smart music synth thing. If I open score manager I can choose Aria to play each staff then I have to go to the Aria console to fill the instruments in. This is a pain if I have to do it each time I want to use GPO 5 so is there a way of getting Finale to choose it by default when it doesn't even appear in the list for sound map priority. I'm a bit concerned that if I decide to buy the full version of Finale that I will have to do so much messing about before I can do anything else.

Thanks

carl

MikeHalloran
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by MikeHalloran » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:30 am

The Finale demo does not download the Aria engine nor Garritan instruments for Finale. The purchased version does.

Since you have GPO 5, you have to find the Aria engine and call Garritan from there. This is covered in the Help files.
Mike Halloran

Finale 27.3, SmartScore X2 Pro, GPO5 & World Instruments
MacOS Ventura 13.2.1; 2017 iMac Pro 18 Core, 128G RAM, 4TB; 2021 MBAir M1
NotePerformer3, Dorico 4, Overture, Notion 6, DP 11, Logic Pro