adding measure numbers

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

jmacneddy
Finale Version: print music 2014
Operating System: Windows

Post by jmacneddy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:35 am

I use windows I am new to this program, but was a Cakewalk then Sonic Scores person for many years. In fact I have hundreds of pieces created with Score Writer. Due to the fact they no longer support SW 4 and have released SW5 with way to many bugs I have decided to go to Print Music. I have followed all the tutorials and the info under measure numbers but the windows that show up in the videos do not show up when I click the measure number icon. I always start my compositions with all the bars numbered. I have clicked the measure tool then ctl-clicked a measure I then shift -clicked and only a window comes up that has a diagram of single bar, double bar, or ending bar. How do I add a number to every measure in the sheet music. I don't know what this program does but one thing I could do in SW4 that they left out was select the color of my measure numbers. I used red for a working piece when It was finished I would change the color of the number to black.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:50 am

Choose the Measure Tool. Select All. Go to the Measure menu. Select Show Measure Numbers.

You can't change the measure number colors in PrintMusic. You would need the full Finale to do that. And even then, it's a global change, not a document change, so your system won't work. Sorry.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society