Pesky reverb comes back!

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Djard » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:09 pm

I configured Garritan Ambience presets to maximum dry and minimum wet, after which I saved the document and closed Finale. I then re-opened the document and found that the reverb was still off. Great! But after a few days, when I opened the same document to export some audio tracks, I found that the default reverb setting was automatically restored.

I tested the issue again and was able to turn off the reverb, re-open the document and the no-reverb setting was preserved. A few day later, the default setting of reverb was again restored. So evidently some time factor is built into Finale, overriding saved settings. Finale seems insistent on adding reverb to playback.

Now I think it is possible to solve the problem of Finale insisting on adding reverb to playback by disabling Garritan Ambience, but then at least 6 dB of playback of volume is lost. Is there any other way to keep Finale from restoring the default reverb?

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Djard » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:38 pm

Ha! I figured out a solution: Get a master's degree in software programming, get a job at MakeMusic to access the code then create a patch to fix the bug. While I'm at it, I could make the pause button in playback to work for the first time. Piece of cake!