Different songs same document

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

bobo2000
Finale Version: 2014
Operating System: Windows

Post by bobo2000 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:30 pm

Hello everyone,

I`ve started a new document file on finale 2014. I am making a poem, that has lyrics and melody. But lyrics are not under the notes. Lyrics are made text, 4 verses is one strophe. So, for example i want to enter 4 strophes, vertically and after that 5 staves with a melody. After this 5 staves i want another 6 strophes and another 5 staves for another melody. I ve completed one page, but on my second page i cannot add staves. When I add a staff its connected with the melody from my page one like i added measures. i dont want measures. i want a new melody. new score. More simple, its like i would make a new document file, but to be in the same file with the first melody. I hope i was explicit enough. i am not speaking very good english.

this verses and songs has to be in the same document file. i cannot print one page, and after that make another one. there is a connection between my songs and has to be everything together. please help. thank you.

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:54 pm

You can’t add a staff mid-stream. Set up your document with all of the required staves, and hide them when you don’t need them.
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society