Notation Legend on First Page

The place for beginner Finale users. ("How do I...")

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

backbeat

Post by backbeat » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:18 pm

I have successfully notated a snare drum solo piece in which I have arranged some crosstick hits, stick-on-rim hits, etc. I have placed each of those different types of hits on its own staff line and assigned different note head shapes accordingly.

How does one place a small notation legend on the first page (at the top) defining the type of hit each note shape/staff line represents? I simply want one measure containing one of each note type on the respective staff line w/ text to the side describing the type of hit (crosstick, etc.).

Much thanks in advance!
Backbeat

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:42 pm

Assuming you are using Finale 2006 or 2007, try this:

From Mass Edit Tool, select all, and go to

Plug-in menu > TG Tools > Create Handbells Used Chart...

Study the options, and choose what you want, e. g. deselecting "Display on grand staff".

With this trick the plug-in is used in a way it isn't supposed to be used.
You may want to modify the result, e. g. edit/delete the measure expression the plug-in creates at the beginning of the legend.
Or edit (with Page Layout Tool) the margins of the staff system the plug-in creates.

Peter
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

backbeat

Post by backbeat » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:50 pm

I am using 2006c. Interesting! Never thought about it...I will give it a shot. Thanks much, Peter!
Backbeat

Cameron

Post by Cameron » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:59 pm

Peter Thomsen wrote:Assuming you are using Finale 2006 or 2007, try this:

From Mass Edit Tool, select all, and go to

Plug-in menu > TG Tools > Create Handbells Used Chart...

Study the options, and choose what you want, e. g. deselecting "Display on grand staff".

With this trick the plug-in is used in a way it isn't supposed to be used.
You may want to modify the result, e. g. edit/delete the measure expression the plug-in creates at the beginning of the legend.
Or edit (with Page Layout Tool) the margins of the staff system the plug-in creates.

Peter
Do you think someone could do this for me really quickly? I have Finale 2002 and I've got some work due today, so it's kind-of a rush job. If anyone could follow the instructions above and post back the file, I'd appreciate it soooooo much.

Thanks guys,

I know this is a shot in the dark.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 023AB42998

THANKYOU!