Anacrusis/pickup measure/several sections of music

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

harpy

Post by harpy » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:13 am

Hello:I am working in Finale 2006c. Need this info asap for a job!!!!
I have a piece of music in several sections, none of which have repeats. They are simply separated by double bars. At the end of each then the new section starts with another pickup. I put in the pickup when setting up the document, but it won't work for each new section. There is no meter change either.
I hope someone can help. Need to get this work done.

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:34 am

The "Pickup Measure" function only works for the beginning of a piece, indeed.
If you have more pickup measures with incomplete measures in the middle of the music, you could define these measures to use another (shorter) time signature (use the time signature tool to achieve this), and hide this time signature (in the measure tool, double click on the measure and next to Time signature, select "always hide").
If needed, you can also in Speedy entry, hide unwanted rests by typing the letters O or H.
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.5, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

harpy

Post by harpy » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:27 pm

Thank you kindly for your response. I will try it today. I have hidden items on this program before, but continue to get better at it, with each new piece.

Have a nice day.

Mary