Removing Instrument Name

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

ParLawGod

Post by ParLawGod » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:35 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new here (long time visitor though - I finally decided to register).

I am using Finale 2006c, and although I consider myself a very competent Finale user I (for the life of me) can not figure something out!

When I create an exercise (for one instrument) it lists the name of the instrument to the left of the first system. Basically it says "trombone" and then the exercise begins.

My question is - how do I remove the instrument name from the beginning of the exercise/system? I have a document titled "Daily Routines for Tenor Trombone" and I find it pointless for it to say "trombone" again before the exercise begins.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:58 pm

Staff tool.
Double click on the staff, you are in the staff attributes window. Under Items to display, uncheck the "staff name" box.

If for some reason, you want the full staff name in other systems, create a staff style ("define staff style" in the menu, new) that displays the full name and apply it to the region where it is needed.
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.5, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

ParLawGod

Post by ParLawGod » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:03 pm

Ahhhhhh - thank you!!!