playback

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Sir Lunch
Finale Version: Finale 2014
Operating System: Mac

Post by Sir Lunch » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:38 pm

Hey there...

Using Finale 2014 on a Mac...

During playback, the program arbitrarily alters the tempo, in one bar only, despite my resetting the tempo in that bar to the 110 bpm that it is supposed to be for this tune, and also setting to 109 bpm just in case....

I have copied the measure stack, then deleted it, and added a new stack back in, and then pasted the music back in, but it seems to have pasted back in the time difficulty as well....

Any thoughts?....my next thought is to remove the measure stack, add a stack, and manually enter the notes back in....

Thx

Sir Lunch

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.

Post by michelp » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:41 pm

Hello,

How did you enter the tempo ? In the Playback Controls window ? Via an expression (Tempo Marks), Tempo Tool, ...) ?
Did you use a musical term such as Adagio from the Expression library ?
There could be a hidden midi instruction which modifies the tempo in that single measure. Try to select 3 or 4 measures around that spot (including the dubious measure) and use Edit -> Clear Selected Items -> Midi Data : select Tempo Changes.
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

Sir Lunch
Finale Version: Finale 2014

Post by Sir Lunch » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:59 am

Thanks....

Before I saw your message, I deleted the measure stack in question, and then manually re-entered the info, and all was ok...

To answer your questions, though, I set the tempo with the tempo tool, and there were no associated midi commands that I was aware of, and certainly none that I am even aware of that would cause such a radical change....it was as if the tune was being played on a turntable, and part way through that bar, the plug was pulled, then re-plugged, causing a virtual stop for only a small fraction of the bar, then back to normal....

Again, thanks for your input....

Sir Lunch

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.

Post by michelp » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:33 pm

FYI: as far as I know, the Tempo Tool writes midi data.
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua