Slash Notation won't copy and paste

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

lpmusic2
Finale Version: 2014.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by lpmusic2 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:17 pm

Help!! When i copy bars that have been formatted as Slash or Rhythmic, it copies all of it in the score, but when i got to Parts the Slash formatting is gone, and i have to reformat all the bars. A real pain. I run 2014.5 on a PC.
thx
LP

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1

Post by zuill » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:25 pm

This is a known issue, and I have reported it. I am not sure that they will fix it. Anyway, after copying in the score, highlight those measures, right click, and choose to apply the style to score and parts.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Christopher Smith
Finale Version: v.25.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by Christopher Smith » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:57 pm

An easier and more complete solution is to wait until you have completed the score, then while in the Staff tool, Select All, and choose from the Staff menu "Use selected staff styles in score and parts." You may have to recreate multimeasure rests for the parts, which you can do in one shot.

Please complain about this by opening a tech support ticket. They claim to have fixed this several versions ago, but as you can see, it was not fixed.
Finale 2014.5 and v.25 on Mac OS 10.12.6 (Sierra)

zuill

Post by zuill » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:13 pm

Actually, that workaround is useful if all the styles in score and parts are to show in both. Unfortunately, there are some, in some scores, that are unique to either score or part, so just be aware. If that might be the case, best to do it as you go.

Zuill

zuill

Post by zuill » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:44 am

I just checked the new MakeMusic forum and saw the official reply about this issue: Regenerate Parts! Wow. That removes any and all formatting. I guess they won't know about the other less invasive workarounds to this bug.

Link to the thread: https://makemusic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... -and-paste

This official response is from Adam Wig, Customer Success Manager. He's the same one who announced the closing of the old forum

Wow. I guess our input there will be missed.

Zuill

Christopher Smith
Finale Version: v.25.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by Christopher Smith » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:19 pm

zuill wrote:I just checked the new MakeMusic forum and saw the official reply about this issue: Regenerate Parts! Wow. That removes any and all formatting. I guess they won't know about the other less invasive workarounds to this bug.

Link to the thread: https://makemusic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/ ... -and-paste

This official response is from Adam Wig, Customer Success Manager. He's the same one who announced the closing of the old forum

Wow. I guess our input there will be missed.

Zuill

Hi Zuill,
As entertaining as Adam's answer was, I posted a complaint requesting that the possibly destructive answer be removed, which was done. Sorry to spoil the fun!
Finale 2014.5 and v.25 on Mac OS 10.12.6 (Sierra)