deleting measure number regions

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Andreo Basisto
Finale Version: 2011
Operating System: Windows

Post by Andreo Basisto » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:15 pm

Greetings to all on the new Forum! It’s good to see that all the helpful souls from the sadly closed MM Forum have now landed here.

There is possibly no answer to this question, but I thought I’d pose it just in case.

My next project will involve a 978-bar file with 48 separate bar-numbered regions. When entering notes, I like to have all bars individually numbered. After the final edits, I remove those bar numbers and leave just the numbers showing at the start of each staff system.

Is there a keyboard shortcut or any other way of going through all 48 regions within the measure number dialog box to remove all the individually numbered bars? (“show on every 1 measures beginning with…")

Andreo Basisto

Finale 2011 r2; Windows 10, 64 bit.

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:03 pm

Andreo Basisto wrote:… Is there a keyboard shortcut or any other way of going through all 48 regions within the measure number dialog box to remove all the individually numbered bars? (“show on every 1 measures beginning with…") …
No need to go “through all 48 regions within the measure number dialog box”.

Just set up the measure number regions with the final layout (= showing at the start of each staff system).

To make all the measures individually numbered:
Measure Tool.
Select All.
Measure menu > Show Measure Numbers

To return the measure numbers to the default display (= showing at the start of each staff system):
Measure Tool.
Select All.
Measure menu > Restore Measure Number Defaults
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1

Post by zuill » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:13 pm

2 Suggestions:

1. Look at Jari's JW Measure Numbers plugin. It has some features which might work for you in this task as well as other situations, including setting up the regions in the first place.

2. Version 25.2 now has a feature where, in scroll view, it shows measure numbers across the top of the window, so you may not need to use your workaround if you like to work in scroll view.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Andreo Basisto
Finale Version: 2011

Post by Andreo Basisto » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:20 am

Peter! Many thanks for your suggestion! That's saved me quite a lot of tedious work. Wonderful!

Andreo Basisto