Sudden percent change in pages

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Capricorn
Finale Version: Finale 25X
Operating System: Mac

Post by Capricorn » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:47 pm

I have Finale 2009 on a Mac. I'm working on a large orchestral score (Sherwood Legendwith perc comb.mus) in which I put in the notes and was working on dynamics and phrasing until I got to page 84 where suddenly the size and formatting got huge. I tried optimizing from that point on but it didn't do anything to fix the size. I have an earlier version of the score which I kept, and the problem doesn't happen with that version. I thought I'd make it easier for the percussionists by combining the two percussion parts and possibly that triggered the problem. I tried to delete the first 83 pages to send as an attachment (the whole score was too big) but when I did, the problem disappeared so it seems to be connected to the number of pages. I'm mystified! I had to delete everything in pages 1 - 83 to get the file small enough to send. Hopefully, someone can figure out what I did to cause the pages beyond 83 to lose the formatting.
Capricorn
Attachments
Sherwood Legend with perc. combined.mus
(233.57 KiB) Downloaded 125 times

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by zuill » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:01 pm

Quick fix: in the Resize Tool, right click on the second to last system and choose to apply that setting through end of document. You'll need to reset your default score page settings to get future pages to not have this problem.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Capricorn
Finale Version: Finale 25X
Operating System: Mac

Post by Capricorn » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:30 pm

It worked!! I wonder what I did to mess it up in the first place. My gosh, I love this forum. Thank heavens you kept it going.
Capricorn

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:41 pm

If you changed the percentage with the Page Layout tool, then added more pages (or pushed measures/systems forward to that a new page is created), that would explain it. New pages use the Page Format setting rather than the format of the existings pages, which can be different.