scrolling playback pointer

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Andreo Basisto
Finale Version: 2011
Operating System: Windows

Post by Andreo Basisto » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:24 am

Greetings!

Scrolling playback is selected in Playback controls as it’s always been but for some reason the pointer is not showing today during playback and the window doesn’t move to the next few bars. I’ve done a reboot as advised on the previous forum, but to no avail. Anybody any thoughts?

Andreo Basisto

Andreo Basisto

Post by Andreo Basisto » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:03 pm

Thanks Ron - I did mention in my first post that I'd tried a reboot and it didn't work.

Now things have gone from bad to worse. I’ve tried playing back a different file and all I get is one note! But the earlier file still plays back (but without the pointer).

Andreo Basisto

Andreo Basisto

Post by Andreo Basisto » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:39 pm

Yes, everything's been working fine up to now! This is the first time I've come across the non-scrolling playback and it's a bit of a problem as I use that feature a lot for proofreading (well 'proof listening'!).

Andreo Basisto

Andreo Basisto

Post by Andreo Basisto » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:02 pm

No, I haven't tried that. I believe I did it some time ago to try to solve a different problem. I'll have to check back and look at the instructions. I'm not sure about there being two .ini files, though. I may need more help on this, but will see what I can do for now. Thanks!

Andreo Basisto

Andreo Basisto

Post by Andreo Basisto » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:27 pm

I cannot seem to find the FINALE.ini and FINMIDI.ini files. I’ve allowed hidden files to show; I’ve navigated through AppData > Roaming > MakeMusic > Finale 2011 and now have this list with no sign of any .ini files:
Configuration Files; FinaleScript; Font Annotation; Human Playback; Libraries; MIDI Device Annotation; Music Files; VST Support; FINALE.

This is all the more annoying as I managed to find these files when Motet tried to help me with a different matter last September. Sorry for this basic inability….

Andreo Basisto

Andreo Basisto

Post by Andreo Basisto » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:12 pm

Greetings after a short absence

I am now back at my computer after a period out of town. I am delighted to note that the scrolling playback problem previously reported has cured itself during my absence! Another Finale mystery?

Andreo Basisto

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27

Post by motet » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:06 am

More likely it's because you rebooted your computer.