Expression in one Part only

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

OCTO
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Mac

Post by OCTO » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:27 am

I know I can Unlink an expression in the score and than hide it (in the score) in order to get it visible only in the part.
However, I need to edit these directly in the parts. Is there any way to assign an expression ONLY to that part?
www.notat.io - A Forum devoted to the Practice of Music Notation

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.

Post by michelp » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:19 am

The method you describe allows you to modify the text and position of the expression (usually created in the score) in the part after the link has been "broken", but of course "Show" has to be unchecked in the score.
Another method, if you just want to work in the linked part, is to create the expression directly in that particular part, and right-click on its handle -> Edit Expression Assignment -> Part(s) Only.
I hope I understood your question.
expression_assignment.png
expression_assignment.png (25.5 KiB) Viewed 1423 times
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

OCTO
Finale Version: 25

Post by OCTO » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Thank you very much, that helps really. That is something I needed (the second option).
www.notat.io - A Forum devoted to the Practice of Music Notation