Entering lyrics:unedeletable line appears after last word

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Valdavidian
Finale Version: 2010
Operating System: Windows

Post by Valdavidian » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Print Music Finale 2010m Windows 7 64 bit

Hi,

I'm entering lyrics and suddenly an undeletable line appears after I've entered my last word when I have to go to the next page. The line continues for several bars on the next page as well. Why does this happen and how do I fix it?

The eraser doesn't work and I thought if I delete the last word entered and start again I could move forward. Instead the line backs up to the previous word.

Thanks

Greg

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by zuill » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:22 pm

That's a word extension, no doubt. There are different ways to get rid of it. One way is to select the Lyric Tool option to edit word extensions, then select the box and press delete. Another way is to drag the end of it back to the starting point. If those don't work, there are other workarounds, but I don't want to make it more complicated until you see if these work.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

BuonTempi
Finale Version: Finale 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by BuonTempi » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:36 am

Valdavidian wrote:Why does this happen and how do I fix it?
It happens because Finale helps you by adding an element of lyrics that singers expect to see. Word extensions appear on the last syllable when it is followed by more notes. As you add more lyrics, the line will be removed.