Auto-Squencing is sometimes missing

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

MikeE
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeE » Mon May 08, 2017 11:48 pm

When I open Finale files in Finale 25 sometimes the Auto-Squencing option is present in the Expression Selection box and sometimes it is not an option. Is there a way to add it if it is missing? Better still, is there a way to always make it an option?

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by N Grossingink » Tue May 09, 2017 12:26 am

The Auto Sequencing feature is only available under the Rehearsal Marks category. If you want to make an additional category that has this feature, click on Rehearsal Marks, then Edit Category, then Duplicate Category. If you have miscellaneous expressions you want to sequence, move them into the Rehearsal Marks category, or another category based on it.

N.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3

MikeE

Post by MikeE » Tue May 09, 2017 1:10 am

The Rehearsal Marks category is empty and Auto Sequencing is in no category.

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Tue May 09, 2017 4:56 am

MikeE wrote:The Rehearsal Marks category is empty and Auto Sequencing is in no category.
Let me get this straight:
1) You opened the Expression Selection, and clicked the category Rehearsal Marks, and the Rehearsal Marks category was empty, right?
2) Next, you clicked the button “Create Rehearsal Mark…”, and the Expression Designer did not display the option “Use Auto-Sequencing Style”, right?
3) You also tried all the other categories, and none of them displayed the option “Use Auto-Sequencing Style”, right?
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

MikeE

Post by MikeE » Tue May 09, 2017 5:17 am

Peter, that was the missing piece. When I saw that I had to create the Rehearsal Mark, I did not continue because I was trying to find one that already existed. Also, I had previously tried to select that "Use auto-sequencing style" but it created one without a border and I tried every border style there and none were anything like the original auto-sequencing border, so I gave up and resumed trying to find the original.

After your message, I went back and editted the original auto-sequencing Rehearsal Mark that existed on another song file and realized that I had to type in the left and right borders, not select them. Anyway, it worked great. Thank you so much for your help on this!

Mike