Check "Endings & text repeats" box by default

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

zalde
Finale Version: 25.2.0.92
Operating System: Windows

Post by zalde » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:12 am

Hi all,

I'm using Finale 25 and Windows 10. I found out that the Endings & text repeats box in Staff Attributes (under Items to display) is unchecked by default for most staves. When writing for e.g. concert band this is highly annoying, since I can't think of a scenario where you wouldn't want endings or text repeats to show up in a particular part. Is there a way to get this box checked in ALL parts of a score by default? Right now, you have to manually check the box for every staff. I've created a template in which I checked them for every part, but I still believe I should be able to make this a default setting... I've searched this Forum, the Finale manual and the web, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

To clarify, this has nothing to do with creating staff lists for repeats. The Endings & text repeats box still has to be checked in the Staff atrributes for these items to show up in the parts. I've added a screen shot of the setting I'm referring to.

I hope someone can help me here!
Attachments
finale.png
finale.png (44.05 KiB) Viewed 2684 times
Finale 25.2.0.92
Windows 10

michelp
Finale Version: 27.4.1,26.3.1, Mont.
Operating System: Mac

Post by michelp » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:57 am

Besides using templates, you can always use the plugin Scoring and Arranging -> Global Staff Attributes, select all the relevant staves and check the box "Endings & Text Repeats'.
At least this is faster than going through the staff attributes of each staff.
Michel
MacOsX 12.7.4, Finale 27.4.1 & 26.3.1, Mac Mini Intel Dual Core i7 3Ghz, 16 Go Ram. Azerty kb. MOTU Midi Express XT USB, Roland Sound Canvas SC-88vl, MOTU Audio Express. 2 monitors (27"' pivot, 24'"), JW Lua, RGP Lua

zalde

Post by zalde » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:44 pm

michelp wrote:Besides using templates, you can always use the plugin Scoring and Arranging -> Global Staff Attributes, select all the relevant staves and check the box "Endings & Text Repeats'.
At least this is faster than going through the staff attributes of each staff.
Thanks a lot, that certainly saves a lot of time!! :) I still don't get why this isn't checked by default though. This was always the case in previous versions of Finale (although I went from 2011 to 25 so I don't now about the updates in between).
Finale 25.2.0.92
Windows 10

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by N Grossingink » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:56 pm

zalde wrote:I still don't get why this isn't checked by default though. This was always the case in previous versions of Finale (although I went from 2011 to 25 so I don't now about the updates in between).
How did this file originate? Was it created in Finale 25 using the Setup Wizard or a new file from a Finale template? Or were its origins from an earlier Finale version, possibly cobbled together by someone else?

If you made this file using Finale 25, you might want to check your Maestro Font Default file to see if this box is checked there. Or, check the template file that you used.

N.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3

zalde

Post by zalde » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:15 pm

N Grossingink wrote:
zalde wrote:I still don't get why this isn't checked by default though. This was always the case in previous versions of Finale (although I went from 2011 to 25 so I don't now about the updates in between).
How did this file originate? Was it created in Finale 25 using the Setup Wizard or a new file from a Finale template? Or were its origins from an earlier Finale version, possibly cobbled together by someone else?

If you made this file using Finale 25, you might want to check your Maestro Font Default file to see if this box is checked there. Or, check the template file that you used.

N.
It originated from the Setup wizard in Finale 25, as did all the documents in which I encountered this. I checked the Maestro Font Default file, but the box is checked there...
Finale 25.2.0.92
Windows 10