COMB2

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

tlcinc

Post by tlcinc » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:58 pm

I have tried and tried and tried but I can't get COMB2 to work in Finale 2012. I have tried everything suggested from MakeMusic to no avail. It works in the Aria player banks but I can't get it to show up when I start a new document with the new document wizard. The "Instruments for Finale"shows up but not the COMB2. Please help!!!!! :) :( :( :(

BuonTempi
Finale Version: Finale 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by BuonTempi » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:44 pm

I don't have COMB, but I suspect you'll need to create a Document Style that uses COMB. If you select the default Styles, they will be configured to use GIFF.

Once you've saved a Document Style and saved it into the Styles folder, then it can be selected in Setup Wizard.

tlcinc

Post by tlcinc » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:49 pm

It's actually the "document with set up wizard" I'm having trouble with. When I get to the Add Instruments list, COMB2 or it's instruments is not listed for choices.

Hector Pascal
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by Hector Pascal » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:26 am

Hi tlcinc,

i have comb2, however it has been my experience that, when in the set up wizard, one needs only to choose the general type of instrument and then once one is finished with the wizard, THEN one goes to the (command K) score manager window and it is from in there that one sees the comb2 sound options available for assignation to the relevant staves. If necessary, the instrument names one chooses in the wizard can now be tinkered with as well (separate to the comb2 sound allocations), if so desired.

That's my experience, hope it helps you!
Best wishes,
Hector Pascal.