File wth default page sizes for wizard

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Michel R E
Finale Version: Finale 2012, 25, 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Michel R E » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:33 pm

I often use varied sizes, like 9x12 (parts), 9.5x12.5 (chamber scores and piano music), and 11x14 (orchestral scores), and would like to have those handy in the Wizard when I'm setting up a new document.

I know I did this in a previous version of Finale (2012 I believe), but for the life of me cannot remember how I did it, nor the name of the file I altered which contained paper sizes.

Could someone point me in the right direction, please?

Thanks in Advance,

Michel
User of Finale since version 3.0 on Windows.
Now using a mix of Finale 2012, Finale 25, and 26.1
GPO, Garritan Solo Stradivari violin, Gofriller Solo Cello.
XSamples Chamber Ensemble.
Absolute convert to NotePerformer3.

BuonTempi
Finale Version: Finale 27
Operating System: Mac

Post by BuonTempi » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:52 pm

On Mac, it's the pagesizes.txt file in the user's Configuration Files folder. Then they'll appear in the drop-down menu.

However, the page size is also set by the Document Style. So you could have different Document Styles set up with those page sizes, as well as staff sizes and other settings particular to each.

Michel R E
Finale Version: Finale 2012, 25, 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Michel R E » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:57 pm

I finally found it.
It was a question of wending my way through Windows 8.1's rather esoteric file system.

I DID have trouble, however, when I finally found the file. Simply continuing typing in the same format didn't seem to add new page sizes ("page size name", two tabs, number, comma, number, comma, etc...)

However, I was finally able to simply recopy one of the other page sizes that I knew worked, then adjust the numbers to fit the correct new page sizes I needed. (I now have "Score", "Parts", and "Chamber" as different page sizes)
User of Finale since version 3.0 on Windows.
Now using a mix of Finale 2012, Finale 25, and 26.1
GPO, Garritan Solo Stradivari violin, Gofriller Solo Cello.
XSamples Chamber Ensemble.
Absolute convert to NotePerformer3.