Score Manager issue

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

jdpmus
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by jdpmus » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:00 pm

In Finale 25 I have a template set up for a large stage orchestra. The staff attribute for viola default to the alto clef as it should. However, I prefer the staff to be in bass clef when I view the part in concert pitch when writing and revert back to alto clef when I look at the transposed part to be printed. In the previous version of Finale I could change this without a problem (I set the transposition attributes to "other" with "set to clef" to alto). In 25 it appears in alto clef in either concert or transposed and does not allow me to view or write in bass clef as I have done before.

Is this just a bug?

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by zuill » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:09 pm

There is a new feature in Finale 25. It is listed in the menu right under Display in Concert Pitch. It is called Keep Octave Transposition in Concert Pitch. Uncheck that. If that doesn't do what you need, then we might need to try a different workaround.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

jdpmus
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Mac

Post by jdpmus » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:31 pm

That worked!

My late orchestration professor would be dismayed that I'm not proficient in reading/writing alto or tenor clefs at sight, but at my age I'm fortunate to read the treble and bass.

Thanks for the help.