Chord Fretboard playback issue

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Djard » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:23 pm

In the attached document, the top string during playback sounds like it is a couple of octaves above concert pitch. The flaw is not so noticeable when "A" major is played, but the error is increasingly conspicuous when the interval between the note on the first string and those below it is widened in the subsequent chords.

I lowered the pitch of the strings in the "Fretboard Diagram Definition" panel, wherein the 1st string was changed from the default "64" value (E4) to 52 (E3). The change is heard in playback in the panel but not in the score.

In the attachment, the first "A" is standard, the pitch of the remaining chords are supposedly one octave lower, which, in the panel I name as "Classical Guitar." But I hear no difference in the pitch change I made.

Anything else I can try?
Attachments
Chord Diagram Playback.mus
(143.34 KiB) Downloaded 143 times

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1

Post by zuill » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:43 pm

1. Highlight the Staff with the Selection Tool
2. Utilities/Change/Chords
3. Under playback choose Fretboard only. Uncheck everything else.

This way you'll only hear your custom fretboard definition. Those are pretty low and muddy. If that is what you want, so be it. For me, it's not very pleasant sounding.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26

Post by Djard » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:43 pm

That worked nicely. Thank you. I had to delete the instrument in Fretboard Editor because, as you say, the dropped octave sounded morose...lugubrious... like a cat walking on the lower bass keys of a piano.

I cannot thank you enough for all the assistance you have given me.