Playback Issues

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

jcsv123
Finale Version: Finale V25
Operating System: Windows

Post by jcsv123 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:50 pm

I recently bought Finale V25 and I am very unsatisfied with the playback. For example, one problem I've been having is that pizzicati are not played in playback or when I make an audio file, which is really bad. How do I fix this?

Moreover, I've never used any sound libraries before and I have no idea how to engage or use them in finale. I hear that compared to previous versions (I previously had Finale 2011) there are many programs (e.g. Garritan) which are not supported anymore. I really like Finale 2011's playback when compared to the new Finale V25 I recently purchased. How can I achieve similar playback or better in the new version? Right now I have something called VST for playback which came as a default and that is it. This VST system is simply not usable and I hate it. As of now I've been very disappointed with this newer version of Finale, so any help to ameliorate these issues is appreciated.

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1

Post by zuill » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:14 pm

Let's start with Garritan. What do you mean about it not being supported anymore? I use the GIfF which comes with Finale and it is quite adequate. It is a lean version of Garritan Personal Orchestra.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

jcsv123
Finale Version: Finale V25

Post by jcsv123 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:27 pm

I basically don't understand any of this and it confuses me to no end. I don't know how Garritan or others work. All I know is I have VAT and things don't work.