How to keep changes in the "file" "open" window

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

RobertL
Finale Version: Finale v25
Operating System: Windows

Post by RobertL » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:14 am

This question is for Finale version 2011:
I go to "file", then the "open" window appears. I have to change the documents and folders that are showing to a different group of documents that I want, using the libraries icon. I want the "open" window to show the new group of documents each time it opens but it reverts back to the first group each time I open it. I can I make it keep the changes?

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1

Post by zuill » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:19 am

I recall that this behavior only occurred when one maintained the default documents folder when installing. Since I always create my own folder, I am able to get different behavior. You might want to see about creating a custom folder for the documents, and be sure to point to it in preferences. I also create my own folder for the backup files, as well as temp files.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

RobertL

Post by RobertL » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:20 am

After looking at the files closer it seems I have the correct files but they are displaying horizontally with large icons. I want them to list vertically with the small icons like they were before - this makes it faster for me to find things. How can I change it back to displaying vertically?

RobertL

Post by RobertL » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:10 am

I finally figured out what the problem was -- I went to the view menu icon in the "open" window and clicked "Small icons" and that solved the problem. Everything is now listed vertically with small icons. Maybe this will help someone else.

ebiggs1
Finale Version: Finale 27.3

Post by ebiggs1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:02 pm

Some of the time Finale does exactly what you tell it to do. :)
Finale 27.4.1 - Perfect Layout Silver - Note Performer 4.4 - SmartScore Pro 64 - Windows 11
President, The Shawnee Concert Band, Composer/Arranger, retired Music Teacher.