Finale 25 - what exactly is different from the previous?

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Deacon Don
Finale Version: 27
Operating System: Windows

Post by Deacon Don » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:40 pm

BuonTempi wrote: As not everyone has these problems, you should hopefully be able to get them fixed, and get
back to productive music making.
So far MM has been of no help whatsoever. They aren't doing their job and I've been letting
them know.
Finale 26.3.1
JABB
Windows 10

Deacon Don

Post by Deacon Don » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:45 pm

BuonTempi wrote: ... As not everyone has these problems, you should hopefully be able to get them fixed, and get
back to productive music making.
So far MM tech has been of no help whatsoever. Maybe they don't know their product. They aren't doing
their job and I've been letting them know. I get the usual runaround that it's Microsoft's problem, which
so far hasn't been the case. It's all been in Finale.

The product isn't working as advertised.
Finale 26.3.1
JABB
Windows 10

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27

Post by motet » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:50 pm

Ask for your money back.

David Ward
Finale Version: F 25.5 & 26.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by David Ward » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:35 pm

Deacon Don wrote:So far MM tech has been of no help whatsoever. Maybe they don't know their product. They aren't doing
their job and I've been letting them know. I get the usual runaround that it's Microsoft's problem, which
so far hasn't been the case. It's all been in Finale.

The product isn't working as advertised.
It's unfair, and very likely completely irrelevant for me to say: “Finale works extremely well for me (most of the time),” but I have been working on a 3,500 bar score using about 80 staves, which seems moderately demanding of Finale. Perhaps the fact that my 512 GB SSD still has 306 GB free, and that I don't have games, masses of video or third party sounds &c &c &c helps to keep things simple.

Maybe you too have lots of free space, and not too much in the way of software clutter; but if you do have clutter, that might be at least part of the cause of your woes.
Finale 25.5 & 26.3
Mac 10.13.6 & 10.14.6

Deacon Don

Post by Deacon Don » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:36 am

David Ward wrote: Maybe you too have lots of free space, and not too much in the way of software clutter; but
if you do have clutter, that might be at least part of the cause of your woes.
I have very little software on my computer. Mostly Finale files and the useless junk Microsoft has
loaded the system with and can't be removed. I turned off what I could.
David Ward wrote: ... Finale works extremely well for me (most of the time)
Emphasis on MOST.

This is the only time I've had trouble with Finale since the very early 90's when I was writing on
a Mac.
Finale 26.3.1
JABB
Windows 10