Change a percussion note?

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

joeldadrummer
Finale Version: 2014.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by joeldadrummer » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:03 pm

Hi there. I have a pages of single percussion notes I've copied from an earlier version of finale (2007) into a new 2014.5 file in Drum Clef. I want to move it all to the snare drum, and what I thought would be easy is not quite.
Transpose does not work in percussion clef, and using the 'single pitch' plug-in does not work for me either. It all prints and looks in the right spot, but what I get is the whistle sound.
Is there a command or plug-in to move these all to the 'snare' without having to manually move or re-enter each note?
Please see picture. I manually moved the first note to the snare, and the rest 'look' right but are actually another percussion sound. I'm on a mac using Finale 2014.5

thanks
Attachments
finale demo.jpg
Finale 2014.5 move all note to snare - Drum Clef
finale demo.jpg (234.83 KiB) Viewed 1689 times

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by zuill » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:40 pm

Without examining the file it's hard to say what is best. Jari's JW Change plugin has a tool for this kind of situation.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

joeldadrummer
Finale Version: 2014.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by joeldadrummer » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:23 am

zuill wrote:Without examining the file it's hard to say what is best. Jari's JW Change plugin has a tool for this kind of situation.

Zuill
Thank you! this solved it. For anyone else with the same issue here is what I did.

I downloaded the JW change bundle for my specific Finale version (a little tricky to install so follow instructions carefully) and then after opening the bundle in finale I clicked 'noteheads' then I selected 'single pitch' and changed it to 'D2' which is the corresponding percussion midi map for snare drum.

Worked perfect!

Cheers,

Joel

ps - it says I'm "not allowed to post URL's yet" so I can't provide a link the the JW bundle, so just google it. :D