VST window size too small

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Finalist
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by Finalist » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Why are VSTs loaded in Finale so small in window size?

I use both Cubase and Finale and load Native Instruments' Kontakt (amongst others) as VSTs in Finale. When the Kontakt window opens, it is about half the size in Finale compared to the size in Cubase and the stand alone Kontakt player, and the content is shrunk accordingly. Everything in the window is small and hard to read and navigate.

Is there any way to make the VST window in Finale to have the same size as the same window everywhere else?

Windows 10
Finale 25

Bill Reed
Finale Version: 25.2

Post by Bill Reed » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:10 pm

There's no difference in window size on my system. Do you have font scaling set to something other than 100%?
Finale 25, Overture, Sibelius, Notion, Cubase, StaffPad
Win10 x64, 32GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
August Foster 190

Finalist
Finale Version: 25

Post by Finalist » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:18 am

Yes, I have scaling set to 150% This is a requirement (at least for me) to get usable sizes of just about anything on my 4K displays.

I have tried to set scaling to 100% with the result that everything is scaled down. Everything - including the Kontakt window in Finale, which is now completely unusably small. The Kontakt window in Cubase at 100% scaling is still larger than the same window in Finale at 150% scaling...

I also tried to change display resolution with the same result - both Kontakt windows adapt to the new resolution maintaining the difference in size.

I have attached an image showing the difference in size.
Attachments
Kontakt.jpg
Kontakt.jpg (95.48 KiB) Viewed 2429 times

daayglow
Finale Version: 25.5

Post by daayglow » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:15 pm

On my 4k screen it is exactly like yours and its been like that since they gave me the 4k screen.