Title disappeared after score merging

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

yellowpiano
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Mac

Post by yellowpiano » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:43 pm

Hello

I'm a Finale 25 user on Mac.

I'm like to merge 2 scores vertically.

But after score merging, title disappeared.

Modifying File info doesn't work.

Is there something wrong in the process of score merging?

Your advice would be much appreciated!
Attachments
3333.png
3333.png (73.78 KiB) Viewed 1888 times
222222.png
222222.png (231.57 KiB) Viewed 1889 times

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3

Post by N Grossingink » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:57 pm

[quote="yellowpiano"]Modifying File info doesn't work.[quote]

To re-enter the title, first place a "Text Insert - Title" on the first page. That will be linked to "File Info" and you can then enter the title that way.

If you use the Score Merger, I think you need to carefully proof the merger result against printouts from the original separate files. There is likely to be some cleanup necessary, as in this missing title.

N.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3

yellowpiano
Finale Version: 25

Post by yellowpiano » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:30 pm

N Grossingink wrote:
yellowpiano wrote:Modifying File info doesn't work.

To re-enter the title, first place a "Text Insert - Title" on the first page. That will be linked to "File Info" and you can then enter the title that way.

If you use the Score Merger, I think you need to carefully proof the merger result against printouts from the original separate files. There is likely to be some cleanup necessary, as in this missing title.

N.
Thanks for a rapid advice.

I inserted Title as your instructions. But it's not automatically appears on top of 2, 3 pages. Could you let me know how to make the title show on every page?
I'm curious about if I want to put together vertically, 'merge parts into score' only makes it possible? I'd try other option.

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27
Operating System: Windows

Post by motet » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:31 pm

If you want the title in smaller type on subsequent pages, use the Text tool to create a new text block and pick Inserts/Title from the Text menu. Click somewhere else, then right click on the handle of the text you just entered, pick Edit Frame Attributes, and pick a page rage of 2 through blank. Simple as brain surgery.