Guitar Bends point leftwards only

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Djard » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:13 am

It seems like Finale changes settings without me knowing, since I am no longer able to enter Guitar Bends that point rightward (please see attached document). Is there a setting?
Attachments
Guitar Bend.mus
(141.21 KiB) Downloaded 112 times

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1

Post by zuill » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:25 am

It's happening because you've selected the left facing arrow in the options for the bend. Choose the right facing arrow instead.

Zuill
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Djard

Post by Djard » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:29 pm

If there is a setting to change the direction of the arrow heads in Guitar Bend Options, it is well-hidden in v2012. Attached is the guitar bends options dialogue that I get. If you found a setting that is excluded from the manual, please be so kind as to share.
Attachments
Guit. Bend Options.jpg
Guit. Bend Options.jpg (51.03 KiB) Viewed 1501 times

Djard

Post by Djard » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:53 pm

Never mind. I successfully sleuthed the problem, thanks to the clue you gave me.

A search in the so-called manual yielded no useful info, and how the goblins in Finale managed to change Guitar Bend setting without my knowing will probably remain a mystery until the cows come home.

The setting is not in Guitar Bend Options--where one would logically expect it to be--but rather it's in Smart Shape Options. Here are the steps that worked for me:

1. Select "Guitar Bend" in SmartShape palette -> SmartShape (upper text menu) -> Smart Shape Options.
2. From "Smart Lines" drop-down menu, select "Guitar Bend" -> Select.
3. Choose a line with arrowhead pointing to the right -> Select -> OK.

Again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.