half note tremolos with Easy Tremolos

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

lynndavidnewton
Finale Version: 25.5.0.259
Operating System: Mac

Post by lynndavidnewton » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Latest Finale, Latest Mac ...

I'm having minor difficulties with tremolos created with TGTools / Easy Tremolos.

After typing in a half dozen that are just fine, I suddenly get tremolos in which the beams touch the stems. And if I use Special Tools => Beam Extension Tool, it shortens (or lengthens) the outer beam (lower in the example), not all three or just the inner beams. Then later ones work again. The only place I see this problem is with half note tremolos.
tremolos.jpg
tremolos.jpg (30.04 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
It's important to understand that at least two previous half note tremolos appear as they are supposed to.

Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround?

N Grossingink
Finale Version: 27.3

Post by N Grossingink » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:24 pm

lynndavidnewton wrote:After typing in a half dozen that are just fine, I suddenly get tremolos in which the beams touch the stems. And if I use Special Tools => Beam Extension Tool, it shortens (or lengthens) the outer beam
If you use the Beam Extension Tool, first double click on the handle that appears on the beam. In the beam selection dialog, put a checkmark by "8th". All the values will then be checked, meaning all beams will disconnect from the stems. Does this work for you?

N.
N. Grossingink
Educational Band, Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble a specialty
Sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pFF5OeJDeLFGHMRyXrubFqZWXBubErw4/view?usp=share_link

Mac Mini 2014 2.6 Ghz, 8Gb RAM
OSX 10.15.7
Finale 2012c, 25.5, 26.3, 27.3

lynndavidnewton
Finale Version: 25.5.0.259

Post by lynndavidnewton » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:36 pm

N Grossingink wrote:
lynndavidnewton wrote:After typing in a half dozen that are just fine, I suddenly get tremolos in which the beams touch the stems. And if I use Special Tools => Beam Extension Tool, it shortens (or lengthens) the outer beam
If you use the Beam Extension Tool, first double click on the handle that appears on the beam. In the beam selection dialog, put a checkmark by "8th". All the values will then be checked, meaning all beams will disconnect from the stems. Does this work for you?

N.
YES! This works perfectly. Didn't know to double click the handle.

BTW, you really need to click on however many beams there are, so with three, just click on the
8th, 16th, and 32nd.

Problem solved! I wish they were all this easy. Thank you very much.