PreSonus audiobox troubles

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

RimasG
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Windows

Post by RimasG » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:01 pm

It may not be for this forum, but I know that there are many intelligent, experienced and technically competent people here. I am only a Finale soft user and have little knowledge of system matters. What happened to me is this: I use a Presonus AudioBox USB 96 external audio card to equalize latency. Everything was fine until I changed my computer. I bought a new one with Win 11. The old one was with Win 10 64 bit. No problems. The drivers worked fine and did not fight. Presonus provides the drivers to users with only the Universal control package. However, when I installed the very latest version of Universal control on Win 11, trouble started. After a while the PC wireless blue tooth keyboard disconnected, Finale would not communicate with the ASIO driver, kept warning me that the Finale audio engine is filed, etc. If I don't activate the Audiobox firmware drivers, the external sound card no longer makes sense. The funny thing is that the Audiobox firmware doesn't work normally in a Win 11 environment, and causes problems. Is there any solution to the problem or do I need to throw away the more recent Audiobox?
Win11 64bit, Fin27.4, TGTools pro,
Perfect Layout Silver, Transcribe,
Casio CDP-200R

heinzfan
Finale Version: 27

Post by heinzfan » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:29 pm

I can't help you with your problem other than to suggest you check out Presonus customer support faq on Windows 11 compatibility https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... s-Products and if necessary open a ticket with them.
Finale 27, Windows 10, VST: Vienna Instruments/Ensemble/Synchron, Cubase, Kontakt 5

Zoots
Finale Version: Finale 25.5

Post by Zoots » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:41 pm

Heinzfan has given you the course to follow and a quick look at the PreSonus site seems to indicate your device is supported on Windows 11 so it is certainly worth pursuing with them.
Finale 25.5
SmartScore 64
JABB3
Windows 11