Unable to unhide a placed graphic image

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Djard » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:06 pm

My love-hate relationship with Finale continues: I added a blank page at the end of a document and successfully placed a whole page graphic (embedded). After closing and reopening the document several times, the image eventually became hidden.

The "Check Graphics" dialogue reports that the image is added. I searched the "manual" for help without success. The Graphics tool does not include the ability to delete the image that is hidden, so I guess the page must be deleted in order to delete the image. Sigh! The preceding page has an ossia, before which the staff system is hidden. But I have succeeded in adding JPG images to documents before with hidden staff systems. Can anyone lend me a hand in getting the image to appear?

Djard

Post by Djard » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:02 pm

I like to add an image to a blank page as a front or back cover. In the event someone else experiences the problem I described, the steps below worked for me when Finale decided to hide an embedded graphic.

1. Delete the blank page (since a hidden image cannot be deleted) then add a blank page.
2. Temporarily insert a different image -> delete the page then add a blank page again.
3. Now add the original image. You may need to rename the image file or change its format.

Toggling between images somehow fools Finale into working properly.

motet
Finale Version: 2014.5,2011,2005,27

Post by motet » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:36 pm

Bizarre.

I like to do all non-music "desktop publishing" things elsewhere and combine them with Finale output in a PDF program.

Djard

Post by Djard » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:29 pm

Thanks. I think your option is a better solution.