Change Staff Color and whole notes?

General notation questions, including advanced notation, formatting, etc., go here.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Spike10142

Post by Spike10142 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:20 am

Is there a way to change the color of the staff? I can pretty much do it with everything else. I can't use a black staff, thank you.

Another question, when making piano sheets, how do i add a whole note while adding quarter notes on top of this?
<3

Spike10142

Post by Spike10142 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:20 am

Convinced there isn't really a way to change the color, so i just threw it in photoshop came out perfect :P

And with the notes, i learned there are layers and just switched to layer 2. Hope this Helps Someone.

Problem Solved
<3

keithbraithwaite
Finale Version: 2012
Operating System: Windows

Post by keithbraithwaite » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:53 am

Hello. I know it was a long time ago and this thread is probably closed, but how did you "throw" the file into Photoshop? I pull in PDF output pages is there a better way. I don't seem to get layers by importing the pdf file into Photoshop
Thanks in advance
Keith
Old but not past it...

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:23 pm

keithbraithwaite wrote:…how did you "throw" the file into Photoshop? I pull in PDF output pages is there a better way?
PDF is the best way.
However, Photoshop is not the only program you can use for changing the staff color.
Most graphics program can do the job.
You can e. g. also use Illustrator.

keithbraithwaite wrote:… I don't seem to get layers by importing the pdf file into Photoshop…
I think that Spike10142 means layers in Finale, since layers are the solution to Spike10142’s second question:
Spike10142 wrote:… when making piano sheets, how do i add a whole note while adding quarter notes on top of this?
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

keithbraithwaite

Post by keithbraithwaite » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:56 am

Thanks for getting back to me. You're probably right, the "layers" answer may refer to putting different note values in parallel in the same bar - you have to use a different voice and the color of the voices is modifyable.
My hope was that once imported into Phtoshop or whatever image editor you use, the staffs came out in a different layer and could be colored separately and when importing the PDF image this is not the case. I have to color the lines - the bits of lines in fact - manually.
I'm getting there but it's a long long job! To make them easily accessible I put the magnification up to 600%...
When we sing something for a special occasion in our choir I do a souvenir score in color, sometimes bending the staves or otherwise messing it up, to be printed out and framed as a keepsake by the choristers... Silly really...
Thanks again
Keith
Old but not past it...

keithbraithwaite

Post by keithbraithwaite » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:33 am

I've hidden the staff lines and that saves a lot of work. The result is quite artistic. Can I change the colors of the staff signs for the G and the F clef and the time signatures with the file still in Finale?
I've put a tiny bit of the score I'm working on as an attached file. In this part of the page I've manually colored the G and F clef signs on the first four lines but not on the fifth.
If these elements could be colored in Finale...
Attachments
colors 1 lite.jpg
colors 1 lite.jpg (51.33 KiB) Viewed 8509 times
Old but not past it...

Peter Thomsen
Finale Version: Finale v27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by Peter Thomsen » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:49 am

Finale can not color neither clefs nor time signatures, sorry.
Mac OS X 12.6.9 (Monterey), Finale user since 1996

keithbraithwaite

Post by keithbraithwaite » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:06 am

OK. Thanks. I'd more or less come to that conclusion but at least now I can export a file which is 90% colored.
Thanks to all of you
Keith
Old but not past it...

Musik Norak
Finale Version: Finale 2012

Post by Musik Norak » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:42 am

check this blog post test: https://studiomusiknorak.blogspot.co.id ... uitar.html
Scroll down and below the PDF viewer you will see notation figure (ossia staff) with the background color (white) adjusted to the blog post background color. and whole notation symbol that is adjusted to the font post color (white). That's just an example of using notation color change for my blog.
My method is: All notation programs that can export or print to PDF (acrobat), then from PDF direct export to Power Point.
And In power point you can freely edit all notation symbol. Easy but it takes patience :D
You just click or drag the lines, symbols, background color, etc (that was black), and replace or fill with color as you wish with the menu in PPT.
Hope this help!