Can't playback thru my keyboard

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

mkentburel
Finale Version: PrintMusic 2014a
Operating System: Windows

Post by mkentburel » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:55 pm

I'm a brand new user. I am running Finale PrintMusic version 2014a.V855 under Windows 10 running on a Lenovo laptop. I am running the 30 day trial of PrintMusic. I have connected my Yamaha P-155 keyboard via a Neewer Midi to USB cable. I have connected the in plug on the midi cable to the out jack on the keyboard and the out plug on the midi cable to the in jack on the keyboard. I am using plug-n-play drivers from Microsoft.

I can use the HyperScribe function successfully to input notes from the keyboard to the computer.

But I can't get Finale to play through the keyboard. When I go to Midi -> Device Setup -> Midi Setup, the input device is set to USB2.0-MIDI and the output device is set to None. I changed the output device to USB2.0-MIDI to match the input but this setting is not retained. I found the forum entry that described this problem and edited the

C:\Users\Kent\AppData\Roaming\MakeMusic\Finale PrintMusic 2014\FINMIDI.INI file and saved it.

Nothing I've done gets the playback through the keyboard. I need help.

I had previously downloaded and installed Finale Notepad. I was successful in getting playback thru the keyboard working with this hardware configuration. Of course, HyperScribe from the keyboard is severly limited with Notepad.