How to open UVI workstation in Finale?

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

parkydoc
Finale Version: Finale 2014.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by parkydoc » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:49 pm

Hi everyone. I'm a complete novice in using VST beyond the default garritan library. I recently bought some piano sound library that requires me to use UVI workstation. How do I plug it into Finale? I tried adding the directory of the UVI Workstation folder but Finale doesn't seem to recognize it. I recall using another library which had a .dll file that had to be plugged in but the UVI workstation doesn't seem to have such a file. I use FInale 2014.5 for Windows.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Bryan

Bill Reed
Finale Version: 25.2

Post by Bill Reed » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:49 pm

Be sure to download and install the 32bit version of UVI; the 64bit version won't work. pay attention when you install as to where the vst gets placed. It won't be the same as the stand alone version (i.e., not C:\Program Files (x86), UVI Workstation). That's the folder you need to add to the plugin manager in Finale
Finale 25, Overture, Sibelius, Notion, Cubase, StaffPad
Win10 x64, 32GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Kontakt, VSL VI Pro, VE Pro, EWQL Orch, Choirs and Pianos
August Foster 190

parkydoc
Finale Version: Finale 2014.5

Post by parkydoc » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:22 am

Bill Reed wrote:Be sure to download and install the 32bit version of UVI; the 64bit version won't work. pay attention when you install as to where the vst gets placed. It won't be the same as the stand alone version (i.e., not C:\Program Files (x86), UVI Workstation). That's the folder you need to add to the plugin manager in Finale
Thanks so much!