How do I get instruments from multiple devices into a score?

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

joelgtaylor
Finale Version: Finale 25.2
Operating System: Mac

Post by joelgtaylor » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:52 am

Finale 25.2
MacOS X 10.11 El Capitan

I'm trying to create a score that uses 2 solo strings from GPO5, a hand-pan simulation from Pianoteq 5, and a cloud-chamber bowl instrument from Kontakt 5.
I've got playback through Audio Units checked, and in Audio Units Banks and Effects, I've selected GPO5, Pianoteq, and Kontakt, each in its own Bank, and loaded them with the appropriate instruments.

But when I go to File > New and select Document with Setup Wizard, I end up unable to find the instruments needed to create an ensemble.
I know this must be a newbie situation....
What am I doing wrong, or not doing?
Finale 25.2, MacOS X 10.11, iMac circa 2015
Reaper, Kontakt, Pianoteq, Garritan
Max7, Open Music

joelgtaylor
Finale Version: Finale 25.2
Operating System: Mac

Post by joelgtaylor » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:14 pm

I'm sorry to have bothered the forum with this question. The answer is quite simple, use the Score Manager instead of the Setup Wizard.
It's reasonably intuitive from there if a bit clunky about the way it handles instrument names...
Finale 25.2, MacOS X 10.11, iMac circa 2015
Reaper, Kontakt, Pianoteq, Garritan
Max7, Open Music

meb
Finale Version: Fin 25-26-27
Operating System: Windows

Post by meb » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:19 pm

Thanks for your post.
Are you assigning each instrument a separate staff or changing from something like piano to celeste on the same staff?

In order to keep my scores down to as few staves as possible, I like to change instruments from time to time on percussion staves (so that, for example, my percussion II player can switch from playing DK instruments to a gong).

This is almost always a fight, though I have eventually succeeded. Most recently, I gave up on GIFF for these staves and used Aria player, assigning Percussion Toys to Layer I and Orch. Percussion to Layer 2 (different channels for each).
MB
Win 8.1, 64-bit, Ram 16G, 3.6Ghz
Fin 2014.5, Fin25, 26, 27
TG Tools Pro, NotePerformer 3.3
Garritan Inst. for Finale, Classic Pipe Organs
Kontakt 3, Bolder Sounds Amer. Folk
Logitech, Z533