HP adjustments

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Paul Brainard
Finale Version: 26.3.1.520(.642 Mac)
Operating System: Windows

Post by Paul Brainard » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:45 pm

Hey all I am trying to figure out how to effect a couple of playback details with VST strings, which I think I can accomplish in the HP settings but I'm not totally sure where to start fiddling (sorry. . .):

1. I want to prevent a whole note from decaying prematurely before a FP dynamic - if I remove the marking, it stays full volume all the way through. . . De-selecting "Automatic Diminuendo on Long Final Notes" does not accomplish this. Maybe one of the choices under "Dynamic Approach for Sustaining Instruments"?

2. How can I create a heavy portamento, aside from adding smart shapes between every note? I have tried the info in this post (from 2006) but it's not working for me: http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=5&m=150662. Looking for something along the lines of the cellos in "I Am the Walrus". . .

Thanks!!

Paul Brainard
Finale Version: 26.3.1.520(.642 Mac)
Operating System: Windows

Post by Paul Brainard » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:04 pm

Tech support's oh-so-helpful suggestion (which I waited several days for) was a link to the Midi manual. I don't see editing midi data as a very effective way to accomplish this every time I want to, Anyone have a suggestion for something to actually try?