Sixteenth triplet feel issues (swing stops mid-song)

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

JCarli
Finale Version: 25
Operating System: Windows

Post by JCarli » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:54 pm

Hello, I'm currently working on an arrangement of a funk/RnB song on Finale 2014 that has a swing feel. Because of they way it is written, I'm working with a sixteenth note triplet feel, so I had no choice but to make the time signature 8/8 for this to work (but I still make it appear as 4/4).

Everything works fine up until I get to a 4/8 measure (appears as a 2/4), where the feel goes into straight 16ths by itself. The feel only comes back later on when I arrive to another 4/8, and putting another swing alteration after the initial 4/8 doesn't do anything.

Is there any way to fix this? I've provided the (unfinished, unpolished) score for reference. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Animal Spirits.musx
(227.81 KiB) Downloaded 155 times

zuill
Finale Version: Finale 2011-v26.3.1

Post by zuill » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:42 pm

Since HP is off, and No swing setting is selected in the playback window, I'm guessing you applied the HP swing manually. If so, it looks like you only applied it up to the 2/4 bar. No swing data is showing with the MIDI Tool.

I guess we need a lot more info.

If you want to clear the MIDI data you entered for the swing in the beginning session and just apply Swing via the playback window, that will apply for the whole document.

Zuill
Attachments
Animal Spirits Revised.musx
(227 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Windows 10, Finale 2011-v26.3.1
"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

JCarli
Finale Version: 25

Post by JCarli » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:11 pm

I guess it works, I just find it odd the other way acted the way it did. Maybe it's my impression but the HP sounds less precise than the manual swing.

Thanks!