Playback sound breaking up

Discuss playback problems, including VST, Garritan, MIDI, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Djard
Finale Version: Finale 26
Operating System: Windows

Post by Djard » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:10 pm

I'm having a dreadful time contending with Finale's instability. In the attached document, I am hit with three major issues:

1. Playback of the violin and cello parts sound broken up, like listening to music on a weak radio station. I think the problem started after I added extra measures to the score.
2. Playback of the Timpani instrument fails.
3. Adding measures at the end of a score causes playback of the last measure to drag horribly. Disabling HP used to fix the problem but not in this instance.

Can someone lend a hand?
Attachments
Djard's Theme (Ensemble).mus
(149.45 KiB) Downloaded 150 times

miker
Finale Version: Finale 27.4
Operating System: Mac

Post by miker » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Try Clear Selected Items > MIDI Data
Finale 27 | SmartScorePro 64
Mac OS 13.2.1 Ventura
Copyist for Barbershop Harmony Society

Djard

Post by Djard » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:25 am

Wow Miker, that worked! I cannot thank you enough. You have saved me from burning out by trying "just one more thing." All the instruments play clearly, and my fix for the tempo dragging in the last measure now also works.

I notice that the only time the tempo playback slows to an agonizing crawl in the last measure is when I use the Add Measures feature. Changing HP from Classical or Latin to Standard solves the problem. Too bad because Latin properly accents the first beat and a secondary accent on the 3rd in a 4 beat rhythm. Is there a way to add measures without triggering the bug that causes the last measure to drag?

ttw
Finale Version: 27.4

Post by ttw » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:20 pm

For the slowdown at the end, you could try creating a custom Human Playback (based on Latin or whatever you like) and edit to taste.

For Latin, I like to check the Pedal Markings and uncheck Final Bars (which removes the slowdown at the end). I also uncheck Automatic Expression and do different things with the rest.

Djard

Post by Djard » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:16 pm

Great idea. Thank you.