Remove playback entries

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

Ibis33

Post by Ibis33 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:56 am

How do I remove a stubborn playback entry that does not want to be removed. For example, I removed an accelerando expression, decided it was not what I wanted, and tried to revert to the original. But the playback continues to accelerate all the way to the end of the score, nearly doubling the tempo, regardless of "a tempo" inserted after the location where the accelerando was located.

peterqd
Finale Version: 26.3.1.520
Operating System: Windows

Post by peterqd » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:34 am

The way to remove hidden MIDI data is with the MIDI tool, highlight the offending measures and press the Backspace key. You'll need to highlight the complete measure "stack" if you have two or more staves.

Sometimes it's difficult to find the right measures to clear. You can try turning off playback for each staff in turn to isolate it. It's useful to have a sequencer program installed which can list the MIDI events on each channel. Save the Finale file as a MIDI and the events list in the sequencer will tell you the exact locaton of any data.

PS If you're using Human Playback, any expressions with playback effects will sometimes mess things up. They should all have "None" selected for playback effect.

Warren Barnett

Post by Warren Barnett » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:06 am

Sometimes you can never seem to remove it. In that case what usually works is to make a copy of the file first, then delete the measure stack (bar) completely where the accelleration starts. Then, add in a new measure stack, check to see if it plays back without the accelleration, and then enter all your notes for the measure stack manually again. Don't try to copy and paste the notes from the backup file that you made. You'll only copy back the part that you were trying to remove.

Warren Barnett