Finale 2010 latency problems

Discuss technical issues with keyboards, sound, video cards, etc.

Moderators: Peter Thomsen, miker

drumstudio2000
Finale Version: finale 2010 and 2014
Operating System: Mac

Post by drumstudio2000 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:06 am

Hi, I think this is not the well known question about latency issues.
Im runing a macbookpro i5 (lion 10.7)with 16gb ram and a Focusrite Saffire Pro40 interface.
Finale 2010

My project is as follows.

I have finale opened with drum grooves I wrote.
I playback the score with finale so I can see the playback barline moving trough the notes.
Ive muted that layer, so the written grooves doesnt make a sound, but the click.
Im playing my acousting drums at the same time, reading the groove at the same time the barline is moving.
Im recording my screen using Screenflow, a screen recorder.

The issue
When I play what was recorded on screenflow, my playing is laid back compared to the click on finale. I have good tempo, its not my playing. :P

Of course, this issue could be a Finale issue, a Macbookpro issue, a Screenflow issue.

I dont think it is a Screenflow issue, because Ive tested this withou using this software (recording trough livestream, for expample) with the same latency results...

I think my mbp and my interface are good enough to not having this kind of issues...so
Im doing this post to make sure it isnt a finale issue, or at least know how to solve it.

MY QUESTION
What tools do finale have to maybe correct this latency issues? How to use them?
What other things I could do to see if I can solve this latency problem?
Really thank
drum!